Check out www.kevryan.net as well

Thursday, October 1, 2009

So here we go - Part 3 - Dano the majestic


Right, bit of back story to this. I have always wanted to learn to digital paint properly. Like I've coloured behind line-art before, then hidden the line-art layer and thought, with a bit more time and effort, you wouldn't even need the line art at all. Though I had never actually got the finger out and tried doing a digital painting from scratch. Then it turned out that I was heading to my mate Dano's 21st, leading me to think that it would be a great idea to set a challenge to digitally paint a portrait of him for his birthday. Below is the result.


I framed the finished picture and gave it to himself at the 21st. He was delighted and showed it to just about everybody there himself. The response was far greater then I anticipatd.

Once again, here's the sketch that I had started with.



Cheers
Kevin Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment