Check out www.kevryan.net as well

Thursday, October 1, 2009

So here we go - Part 2 - Jody is a Biscuit

So I figured that as part of these introductory posts, I should put up an illustration which was an on again off again, cancelled then re-started project of my summer.
The idea behind me doing this picture in the first place was that, at the time I was getting more so into illustrator. I figured, if I did artwork of all the local bands, it'd be a nice showcase of what I can do. The definition of a portfolio pretty much right? So I started with Jody Has A Hitlist, a crazy cool bunch of lads, some of which I go way back with. I'm quite proud of the result.



As I was saying, most of the work was done with Illustrator. However the crowd and the stuff they're throwing were drawn by hand, scanned and coloured in Photoshop. The big band name was illustrated at first, then brought into Max as a spline, extruded, textured, rendered and prettyed up in Photoshop. The big leads were done in 3D also, by abusing architectural Mental Ray materials and that lovely image mc-nice-maker, HDR ENVIRONMENT MAPS!


So to keep a trend going, below are all the sketches that contributed to the final look in this picture. There's one or two unscanned scraps not on here but me thinks they've been recycled by now. But ah well, these are the important pictures shopped together.



The extra two heads at the bottom group of heads in this sketch are my attempts at drawing the Keyboard player. The Remarkable thing is that despite of my failure at drawing him, they still look like two of my other friends, the middle of which "Reality Bites" for, which is an inside jo-AGE between our circle of friends. Then there's the chap to the far right, who's picture I screwed up 12 pages ago in my sketchbook when I drew caricatures of my Bebo top friends.

That is all, man I was thinking I was gonna keep this post brief......whoops.


Cheers

MrKryVin

No comments:

Post a Comment